Wednesday 5 April 2023

Using The Potting Shed

With the opening vents finally installed, today was the first day that I actually started potting up in my  Forest Garden Potting Shed which I have to say I absolutely love having on the plot, as it gives me somewhere to shelter if it rains and to sit and watch the wildlife wonder around the plot and of course start off my seeds and potter.

I started laying out trays and modules ready to start sowing and then thought better that the potting tray go nearest the door.   


So after a revamp this made me determined to buy or make another staging to infill the back gable wall and have the potting tray on there so I could max out the staging space directly against the window. 


So after a revamp as you can see from the three photos from the door with the potting shed being 8ft or 2.4m there is plenty of room for a staging and a potting station or tray to go along the back gable wall. 


With the direction of the sun the temperature is warmer on the sunward side and significantly warmer that the outside temperature. 


I've been using the self watering pop bottle propagators for a number of years now and kicked off sowing various tomatoes and vegetables in the propagators. I normally so six seeds 3 either side of the lifting handle. 


With my first six sowings for the season under my belt I made my way home from the allotment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment