Tuesday 11 April 2023

Parsnips and the Boundary Beds


This morning I picked up some daffodils and iris plants in the green off Freecycle and proceeded to plant them in the border boundary beds.  


Thus having just got them spread out and planted the sky became very overcast so I retreated to the potting shed 


It was an absolute joy to finally have the Forest Garden Potting Shed on the plot where I can now shelter and continue working, and so I moved on to planting germinated parsnip seeds.  


I have found that growing or rather transplanting germinated seeds into loo rolls is the best way to succeed with parsnips.


Placing seed on damp kitchen towel in Chinese takeaway containers and just keeping an eye for root growth and transplanting them to the loo roll before the roots get to curly is key. 



Different varieties germinate at different rates, all of these boxes were started off at the same time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment