Saturday 22 April 2023

Potting Shed & Climbing Frame Greenhouse


I spent some time sowing in the Forest Garden Potting Shed as it had been raining yesterday and over night.        

I was bitterly disappointed with the Westland Multi-purpose Compost with John Innes.  


The pound coin was not found in the compost it's there so you can judge the size of the stones that I was finding as I used the compost. I'm usually very pro Westland's compost but the state of these bags was appalling. 


I took many photos of what I have been sowing as I wanted an up to date list. I had created the labels over Winter as normal.   


Bunches of Spring Onions in vending machine cups with two drainage holes formed in the bottom with a soldering iron. These cups get washed and reused each year.


Bunches I then started in digging out the beds in the Greenhouse Climbing Frame to the depth of the spade, and bottom out the trench.  

Once bottomed out I placed two of the 30 Litre Square Flower Buckets into the end of the trench to infill and enable me to pull out once I had finished filling the trench with the cuttings from my daughters property. 

The hedging was placed in the trench and watered for some time.


Buckets that are holding the excavated topsoil where then placed on the hedge cutting in the trench and watering continued, and settlement of the cuttings could take place.

No comments:

Post a Comment