I had a break, a little sit down and a coffee, then mixed up another batch of topping up mix and added it the Bed 3 to make the soil level with the raised bed timbers, all around the bed.
There is no hose pipe ban and I can't stand in the sunlight so I used an end that restricts the flow so that I can saturate Bed 3 so that it can now be planted into for Winter cropping Vegetables.
As can be seen the level in Bed 1 has dropped dramatically, and again I'm assuming that's the grass and shredded paper that I used to build the beds up with, So I need to hydrate more Coir.
Coir block on the left, not hydrated. Coir Block on the right 1.7 Litres of boiling water added.
Coir block on the left, hydrated with 1.7 Litres of boiling water. Coir Block on the right 1.3 Litres of cold water added.
Coir block on the left, 1.3 Litres of cold water added.
Coir block both worked with long handled paving weeder. I will let the coir dry off a little and foot pain permitting mix some more topping off mix for Bed 1 this afternoon.
%20final%20Top%20Up.jpg)
%20Bed%203%20watered.jpg)
%20Coir%201%20Block.jpg)
%20Coir%202%20Blocks.jpg)
%20Coir%20Both%20blocks.jpg)
%20Coir%20Both%20blocks%20Chopped.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment