Friday, 31 July 2026

Dishes Cooked With Courgettes


Courtesy Chris Garrod 

Having seen some delicious dishes cooked with courgettes, and knowing a lot of people are asking for ideas of what to do with their glut, here is a dish I cooked. I confirm it was delicious!

In a large oven dish, drizzle some olive oil, (I used light), layer as many sliced courgettes, green and yellow, as you can. Season generously with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Drizzle more olive oil, not too much, and mix through. Add grated cheese, a mix of Emmental, mature cheddar and mozzarella and some herbs too of your choice if wished. Cover with foil, making a slight dome so the cheese doesn't stick. Bake in the oven on a medium heat, (i.e. 180°C/160°C fan/Gas mark 4) for 45 minutes or so or until the slices feel tender but not too soft.
I have also made this with onions layered through.

No comments:

Post a Comment