Saturday, 25 July 2026

Topping Up Beds 1 - 3


Apples picked up and brambles nipped back this morning 

 
I woke up late this morning and as such I missed the opportunity to get anything done at the top end of the garden. I had rough cut / melted the debris netting and set about forming a much better straighter cut to the start of the roll of debris netting. 

I will measure the ground to the top of the arch and cut the next length of debris netting.

The level of the compost, fertile mulch, coir and vermiculite has dropped a little after watering in yesterday , and needs some additional material blended and added to bed 1.    


Bed 2, has not consolidated as much as bed 1 but still needs some topping up. 


Compost, fertile mulch, coir and vermiculite blended with the 600mm Power Planter added to the front half of bed 3.   


Debris netting clipped back to the hoops to stop the cats getting into the beds to use as a litter tray. 


Beds 1 to 3 


More Coir purchased of ebay, so I can make enough of the topping mix to top up beds 1 to 3 such that no more is required.


Whilst on ebay I looked to see if anyone sold Battery Terminal Covers caps, to protect and prevents short circuits. They do and I have ordered enough for my holding of batteries.  

No comments:

Post a Comment