Thursday 13 April 2023

Storm Damage & All Gold Raspberries

Sorting out seeds to sow and finding or making the labels for them at home this morning. Then off to the allotment as it's supposed to be a nice sunny day today, after the rain and storm yesterday.


View of the dormer from the outside, taken after I found the solar panel from the roof of this one on the paving up near the other greenhouse on plot 1A.


I found a solar panel from the Plot 1 Greenhouse up next too the Plot 1A greenhouse and when I went to look the roof was gone and I could see out of the greenhouse dormer window extension!

I managed to find both solar panels and the roof and as a temporary measure the roof panel has two bricks on it until I can get some physical fixings installed. I'm not relying on just the glue gun again!


The wind yesterday flattened the netting hoops So I'm going to have to rebuild with some lateral bracing built in as they are leaning over the path.



All Gold Raspberry is an outstanding autumn-fruiting raspberry, producing large, golden yellow fruits, with a taste that is even more exquisite than its red-fruited sisters! An excellent raspberry for fresh use and freezing and also for garnishes and wine-making!

These heavenly, sweet fruits can be harvested from late August until mid October, , ideal for smaller gardens where they can be grown in a large container

Digging up Yellow Raspberries that are escaping from my plot neighbours raspberry area. Michelle told me anything that is growing between the two timber post I'm welcome too as she has to dig them up and manage the area anyway and If I do a little weeding along the way she will not complain.

So dug up they were, roots trimmed and then put in a bucket of water to have a nice drink whilst I collected more of their brothers and sisters.

Height: 150cm (59"). Spread: 50cm (20").



First load of Yellow Raspberry canes ready to go in the Boundary Bed.



Boundary Bed once all the Raspberries had been transplanted. I ran another wire line about 75mm up from the ground. The wires don't show up very well in the photo but there are 3 layers of them so I can tie/ clip back.


Bees enjoying the pebble pool, and getting a drink. I'm looking forward to the last frost date then I can put in the solar pump and have the fountain working.

No comments:

Post a Comment