Friday 13 September 2024

V33 Woodstain For The Potting Shed

In February last year I was made aware of V33 UK based in New Romney TN28 8XU, I was going to paint the potting shed last year and then when I found that I had cancer, the urgency to get my potting shed better protected fell off my priority list. 

Now my cancer is under control and I'm gradually getting my mobility back and the potting shed is really sun bleached and it's time to take action before Winter sets in.  

The company V33 was created in 1957 in Domblans, a village in the heart of France surrounded by forests, lakes and vines. The family firm invented the first floor varnish guaranteeing 33% of the hardness of glass and the brand name was born. 

The high-performance formulation of V33’s Extreme Protection Woodstain, incorporating patented ‘Aquaresist’ technology

New and unique, V33 Extreme Woodstain is guaranteed for an unrivalled 12 years, meaning that you can save time and money on protecting your outdoor cladding, window frames, doors, gates and fences.  

Great news for anyone wanting to make sure woodwork is shielded from the worst weather for as long as possible whilst also being attractively enhanced. 

That's was what drew my attention to the product because I have been painting my other sheds with the standard water based stains bi-yearly since I got my first timber shed some 40 years ago. 

It's vital that external woodwork is waterproofed. In addition, the timber should be shielded from the effects of repeated exposure to sunlight, which can damage it. 

Applying a decent woodstain is the effective way of creating a barrier, which protects the wood from water and the sun. If you also have a certain colour tone in mind for your external woodwork, then woodstain can help you achieve it, and the most popular stains are in the range, I've opted for Teak for the potting shed as its not too light or dark and is more in keeping in how it was supplied. 

The high-performance formulation of V33’s Extreme Woodstain, incorporating patented ‘Aquaresist’ technology, ensures its waterproofing effect and its resistance to bad weather conditions. 

A high concentration of UV filters and a reinforced resin formula mean that two layers of V33 Extreme Woodstain correspond to three layers of other, standard equivalents. 

It also has high resistance to temperature variations of between  -40OC and +60OC. V33 Extreme Woodstain is suitable for most types of European and exotic woods, new or old, and can be applied on top of most old woodstains.

With its natural, translucent finish, V33 Extreme Woodstain enhances the look of exterior woodwork to a professional finish, but is easy enough for the novice DIYer to use. It is available from B&Q in a choice of colours including Clear, Light Oak, Dark Oak, Mahogany and Teak. The RRP around £24 for 0.75L and £46 for 2.5L tins. Currently B&Q have the 2.5L tins on offer for £32.20 but do google and shop around as I have found cheaper.  

The larger size affords approximately 15 sq.m of coverage in two coats.

Further information can be found at www.v33.co.uk and V33 can also be found on Facebook/Instagram.

I will be blogging about painting the potting shed and will have before and after photographs so to see how I get on use the V33 Label to see all the V33’s Extreme Protection Woodstain posts in a thread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment