Sunday 15 September 2024

Odd Jobs On The Plot

 

I pulled out the trays from beside the potting shed and started cutting into the Hawthorne that has regrown since February last year when I erected the potting shed.  I've placed The trays upside down over the mound of soil in the front bed which is busy developing weed seedlings. 

With the rain we had last week I want the soil to dry up some and not get wet again until I have time to dig out the topsoil inside the bottom raised bed into square flower buckets and replace with timber and woodchip in the hole and up to the top of the first raised bed frame as I did with the raised bed in the background of the photo.  

There were a couple of buckets of potatoes in buckets beside the potting shed so I emptied one and harvested the potatoes. Emma loves small first and second early potatoes, so they are earmarked for her. Wally had a glut of tomatoes and offered some, and as I didn't grow any at all on the allotment this year I took some for myself and my daughter because after I took some for me he said you can take a lot more than that. 

The main crop potatoes in buckets had flumped over the main path and were getting a pain to get around, so I cut them back and up and added the foliage to the hot bin. 

Now I'm not using the walking frame on the allotment and I'm more stable on my feet and I picked up the shower chair from Freecycle that is high enough for me to get in and out off when I rest for a little while. I don't need the four wheeled walker with seat down the allotment so that's come home with me and as a result I now have floor area in the plot 1 shed again and a tidy up of the plot 1 shed also took place today.

Future visit I will clear around the camping stove so I can once again make coffee and tea on the plot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment