Thursday 22 August 2024

De-banding Scaffold Boards

End Band removed from a number of the 1.2m (4ft) scaffold boards this morning and another level of raised beds screwed together. I stacked the new frame on the two already installed and now I'm so tempted to make the raised beds 3 frames high it's untrue, no real bending involved at all at that height.

Would you go the extra frame height?


Scaffolding board end bands are used with scaffold boards in an attempt to stop the ends of timbers from splitting.  

The ones on the boards I have bought are not in as good a condition as those in the photo 




I've treated myself to a 260mm (10") diameter Copper Effect Garden Wall Clock With Thermometer and I mounted on the side of the Plot 1 Shed today.

No more squinting at my Fitbit or phone in the sun to see what the time is.

I can also now see what the temperature is outside of the greenhouses and the potting shed.

The plot 1 shed really needs a coat of paint again this year if I can squeeze it in around the infrastructure works and painting the potting shed.


No comments:

Post a Comment