Friday 16 August 2024

Freecycle - Terracotta Pots

I saw these Terracotta Pots on Freecycle yesterday, asked for them and was informed they were mine, I went to collect them this afternoon before picking up my daughter from work as her car is in for repair at the moment. 

When I arrived they had found many more pots. I'm going to use some of these as slug traps filling a smaller one with soil and making nice and wet, turn it upside down then put a larger one on top and the slugs will make it there home.

I can then lift the pot off and eradicate the beasts, or perhaps place some blue pellets of death under. This will protect other wildlife from consuming the bodies and from eating the blue pellets of death.  

I spent a couple of hours on the allotment early this morning as it was overcast, and I had dropped my daughter off at work. I spend my time pulling the bindweed off the paths and from around the beds.

I also started to pulled the weeds in the Red Baron onion beds to find that the slugs and snails had eaten the leaves, off the onions. The bulbs are not much larger than the sets that were planted. 

So disappointing this year and I only grew the one variety. I shan't be doing that again in a hurry!   

No comments:

Post a Comment