Sunday 18 August 2024

Slow Progress But Progress None The Less

Today, as there was a degree of cloud cover I visited the allotment in the morning and I managed to leaver up the 2.4m x 1.2m frame to this years parsnip bed and place one side on paving blocks. I then lifted the frame and as I did one of the 1.2m ends fell off, as it was half rotted away where it had been in the ground.

With the large bed fame moved over on the bed next door, I placed the first 1.2m x 0.9m raised bed frame in position.

I then lined the bottom with magic cardboard, and then filled the raised bed frame with the rotting timber from the old frame and three barrow loads of woodchip from the car park.

I watered the woodchip to assist the settlement and consolidation process.

Next visit I will top up the frame up again with woodchips, and make the next raised bed frame, then excavate the humus material from the other end of the 2.4m x 1.2m bed and fill the 2nd Raised bed frame with the spoil.

I also went around the beds & the patio with weed killer again, and gave the bindweed that had grown up a bamboo frame a good drenching.

By the time I had finished I was well and truly knackered, but it was a good kind of knackered. The kind that lets you know you have been busy and blessed that gradually you are getting your strength back, and on the road to a better level of fitness than last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment