Sunday 15 March 2020

We Have Parsnip Germination



I put the Parsnips in the Takeaway Containers on the 7th March 2020 and I have not looked at them for the last couple of days, and I think I really should have.  Above is the Johnsons Organic Tender & True and I have moved 10 that have chitted into loo rolls full of compost


You can see the root just forming on the one in the top left corner in the photo above and the roots on the three on the bottom row must be  a day or two old.


Above is the Thompson & Morgan White Gem and they have also started to sprout and I potted on 10 from this container into loo rolls 


The roots on these are shorter and I suspect are a day behind the Tender & True 


I've drilled the bottle cap with 6 number 1mm holes to turn the small 500ml Coke Bottle into a mini watering can which is so usefull for watering seed trays in the grow stations and the Space Saver Greenhouse  

I've only managed to save 20 loo roll tubes, so these have been filled with MPC and the top 5mm with seedling compost and the seeds have been pricked out and dropped with root downwards into the centre of the roll.

I will need to take these down to the allotment and get them in the ground before the roots get to the end of the loo roll so perhaps a trip tomorrow or Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment