Friday 20 March 2020

The Greener Gardening Company



When I visited the Garden Press Event 2020 I found the Bord na Mona stand and was interested to find that this leading growing media company were announcing that the UK retail arm of the business had changed its name to The Greener Gardening Company, effective 1st February 2020.

The name change encapsulates all retail customers that trade with Bord na Mona Horticulture, Bord na Mona UK and White Moss Horticulture. The company continues to be a wholly owned subsidiary of Bord na Mona Ireland.  

The company recently announced a new peatfree range of products, Happy Compost, which received astounding interest from existing trade customers and prospects alike at Glee, and received a ‘best in test’ performance against all major competitors in trials conducted at University College of Dublin. In 2019 the company also added three new Which? ‘best buys’  in the latest compost trials which rigorously test and review over 25 products with each formulation assessed based on its quality and assurance.


Today I received two sample 50L bags The Vegetable Compost and the Rose Tree & Shrub Compost delivered by DHL to trial this year. I have to say that normally I manage 50L bags with ease, however they are not as easy to handle in the boxes and were easier to hump around once out. Once I try these out I will let you know how I get on with them. 



The other varieties of compost they supply in the Happy Range are Soil Improver, Tomato Planter & All Purpose, in hindsight I should have asked for a sample of each to play with but one does not like to be too greedy when being offered trial freebies.

No comments:

Post a Comment