Saturday, 12 September 2026

Weeding The Back Garden Allotment

 

Out early today before the sun starts coming down the back garden. Collected the leaves from the front garden and filled bed 6 to a level that the Farmyard Manure Compost followed by Green Organic Compost, Vermiculite and Mulch compost can be added, and the bed completed.






Bed 1 before weeding 


Bed 1 Radish bulking up


Dwarf French beans doing well, will I actually get a harvest? Only time will tell

Bed 2 more signs of life even in the left front corner

Pak Choi Red finally showing I beginning to doubt they would germinate as the other vegetables sown at the same time showed really fast
Turnip Milan White only one station not germinated so I will try transplanting one where a couple have germinated at a station
Turnip Milan Purple all stations germinated some need thinning

Radish Winter Watermelon Red Meat doing well
Bed 2 Left Far Corner Dwarf French Beans Stanley which was show a week after those in Bed 1. I removed the weeds
Crimson Cherry going red and Crimson Crush bulking up

With the wheelbarrow now gone I have pulled out the Keter store and hopefully I will be able to get Kelly to assist me to erect it 


No comments:

Post a Comment