Tuesday 21 May 2013

20th May 2013


I managed to get home from the London Bridge site a lot earlier that I thought I would, I was up at 5:00 am and out of the door by 6:00 to ensure I got the site induction on time. Passed the drug & alcohol and the induction test then had to wait whilst they sorted out the fingerprints and ID - Access Pass.

I could only do work outside of the site today as the necessary health & safety stuff has not been checked Doh! - but it did mean I was home in time to spend an hour on the plot - I dug into the pile of earth near to the shed and sieved and bagged it for mounding up the potato's and covered the area Keith and I cleared a couple of weeks ago that had turned into a 8" - foot high of grass with a roll of DPM that I got off free cycle when I picked the kerb edgings - Didn't need to water, it looked as if Keith had done that for me, as he knows I'm going to be pushed for time for the next two to three weeks - his a good brother-in-law. 

Watered all the seedlings and young plants when I got home and planted out 16 radish in toilet rolls as I need to get some of this stuff going in the hope that I will have the beds ready in the next 4 - 6 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment