Saturday 17 February 2024

Getting Ready For March Madness


As regular visitors to manvslug.uk will know, I've been sorting out my seed storage system and cataloging what I have in them and what varieties and vegetables I'm growing this year. I'm getting ready for the sowing frenzy that will happen in March as the weather starts to turn and the last frost date in my area is getting nearer.   

Now having bought a replacement printer for my old 12 year old workhorse, I'm making the seed bag labels for when the packs have been opened to put the rest of the seeds in.  Those packs with 10 seeds in, I will sow 4 seeds this year and 3 for the following two years. 

I'm also making the new planting labels up as I keep all the labels and have some that are over 10 years old now.  Some of these labels I use annually and they are out in all weathers, and remain as good as the day I made them. 


The photo above is a little old and there are now more labeled long match boxes with specific vegetable labels in the tool box as I grow new varieties and add to the collection each year. 

I've had this old Brother P-Touch PT1000 about 10-11 years now.  Don't get conned into buying the green gardening one they are all the same and the basic one is loads cheaper. I get the compatible cartridges off ebay, and they are much cheaper than the original brother ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment