Wednesday, 28 January 2015
A Plastic Flower Bucket & A Soldering Iron
Last night I got inventive with the a couple of flower buckets and the soldering iron. The top has been made into a framework to support fleece or debris netting. Holes have been melted at 1/4 points around both rims so that they can be cable tied together. There is a mark burnt on the rims of both buckets so that the holes line up.
Ideal for warding off carrot or onion flies, and keeping the foxes and squirrels at bay.
Lunchtime I started painting the 50x50mm estate agent for sale posts that has been cut into 100mm long lengths that I'm going to use as corner blocks to join the 1.2m long decking to make a base frame for some netting hoop frames for the allotment.
I can sow any seeds at the moment, but I can get as much done as possible before that happens.