Tuesday 12 April 2016

Plot 1A Extended Lunch Break II


It's nice and sunny and last night I worked out that I'm going to need six beds just for the Second and Main crop potatoes, so I may have over done it on the potato front this year. With 12 full length beds and up to now only using 3 beds a season for spuds,I have a 4 year crop rotation.

From now on it looks like I will be using four beds on plot 1A and having a three year crop rotation. And the pressure is now on to get the third bed on plot 23B in so I can plant the rest of the Main Crop potatoes.

The photograph above shows bed 4 cleared, turned over, and dressed with fertiliser and coffee grounds. Secondary glazing panels now occupy Beds 2 & 4 so as to help the warming up of the soil ready for planting the potatoes next week.


The weed membrane sheets were laid out on the hoop frame and left to dry, then brushed off and folded up ready for reuse this season.

The greenhouse was given half an hour of tidying, OK removing dross so that I can at least get in there now. More attention and clearing required so that the early potatoes in buckets can start off in there

No comments:

Post a Comment