Friday 6 May 2022

More trays of seedlings to the plot

A couple of hours down the allotment between 2 and 4 sorting out more trays brought from the Space Saver in the back garden to the allotment. Bindweed removed from the grapevine bed and the path laid with what remained of the woodchip in the wheelbarrow.


Temperature in the Plot 1 greenhouse when I arrived.


View from the greenhouse door, after laying out the sweetcorn.


View to to the right 


View to the left 


Sweetcorn coming up, so the propagator lids have been removed.


Beetroots only germinating one side of the tray. 


Onion Sets from the plot 1A Greenhouse.


5 x Dwarf French Beans germinated & Spring Onions


Internal temperature at 4pm with the door open since arriving 10C cooler at 31.5C 


I watered the Potatoes in Buckets for half an hour using the sprinkler I got off Freecycle. 



The KA1985 Grapevine (Vitis) Lakemore White (Seedless) which was supplied as a 3 litre potted plant for £19.99 from Suttons, but got snapped off my cats or foxes the day after being planted out has some foliage on it I'm just hoping it's not from the root stock, I've lost about 900mm of growth due to Basil and his mates.   


Grapevine and path up towards the Greenhouse on Plot 1A


The red grape KC5383 Grapevine Plant - Flame growing really well, I need to keep an eye on this bed and try and keep the weeds at bay. 


Debris netting brought home for the Space Saver Greenhouse, as we have had warnings of a heatwave coming and I want to protect the seedling from being scorched to death as I've already lost two batches of Brassicas.

No comments:

Post a Comment