Sunday 6 September 2020

Winter Squash Spotted

Due to Covid-19 and shielding the wife not many crops got in the ground but I did grow 6 of each of the New Varieties of Winter Squash from Thompson & Morgan 

The plants have grown really vigorously, but until this weekend I hadn't seen any significant squash and then as if by magic, and it was, these appeared when I moved the dense foliage to one side.


 

With the amount of flowers, and the bee activity in and out of the squash plants it's going to be interesting to see just how many squash I actually get per plant when I harvest. There is another mini heat wave on its way so more growing time before harvest time yet for more to grow. 

Anyone else out there growing these this year? 

How are you finding them, are yours more bush than wondering squash plants?


No comments:

Post a Comment