Sunday 14 July 2019

It's One Of Those Years

Following my cellulitis and the delay it caused me with regards getting everything ready and in the ground, I was looking forward to getting down on the allotment to play catch up this weekend when I tripped over the kerb margin around the petrol pump and as I went forward I felt the muscles in my calf, the back of my knee and thigh rip & burn and go twang! 

A pain shot up into my buttock as I launched forward and managed to somehow glide and then gain support off the bonnet of the car on the other side of the pump which was to the owners and my surprise!.

After hobbling into the station to pay for the petrol and getting home my calf was nearly twice the size it should have been and there was a lot of pain! 

Needless to say I was not unhappy on Sunday when it rained in the morning as I could not hardly walk and could not have gone to the plot anyway. I found a crutch my sister had donated to our growing medical equipment store from when she did a similar thing on holiday a couple of years ago to help me get around and reduce the pain for a couple of days .

The Doctor says ice packs and anti inflammatory tablets over the next 10 - 15 working days are going to help apparently. I do hope so as I have my son in laws stag do to attend and we are on these bad boys soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment