Sunday 14 August 2016

Sunday Morning on Plot 1A

Due to the restricted parking because of the building sites on both sides of the entrance to the plot, I'm trying to only visit Plot 1A on a Sunday morning, sometimes briefly to water the tomatoes that are under cover and the crops that need it and to harvest.

I took the time to thin the leafs off the tomatoes and I'm underwhelmed with the amount of tomatoes this year.



The foliage from the King Edwards was dying back which is really strange and a little early as they are main crop?

I harvested the remainder of the Estima from bed 3 and got a bucket load of potatoes from three King Edwards from Bed 2. They are not particularly large and are main crop so I will leave them in the ground for a while longer before harvesting anymore. 

The Lady Christie on plot 23B which are early spuds are in a similar state to the Kind Edwards but they are Early Spuds so I will harvest them next.

A harvest of runner beans to hopefully stimulate some more flowers and beans.


 I assisted in the germination of the sweetcorn which has come on leaps and bounds


The Cucino Cucumbers are growing really well, but as we already have three burpless cucumbers in the fridge I'm leaving them to fatten up a little.

The butternut squash has finally decided to wonder over the bed but for the moment very little activity on the flower and fruit front. This one is far less active and productive than it's brother on plot 23B, but there again the bed on Spencer Road was laced with manure.

The comfrey pipe was topped up and as I now have a 2 litre bottle of pure comfrey I loaded a new milk bottle.

Two sacks of weeds from paths and bed 15 were removed to go to the dump. 




No comments:

Post a Comment