Friday 15 January 2021

Processing Parsnips

 


Yesterday I spent some time washing and brushing up and then attacking with a couple of different knifes freezing on trays and then ultimately decanting into family portion sized bags.

There will be enough for sharing with my daughters, my sister and my neighbour, to keep us all going for a little while, but if you are a regular reader you will see I have bigger parsnip plans for 2021. 

I have sorted out how I'm going to sow and transplant six or possibly seven varieties of parsnips over four months for harvesting over six months, I should have a good selection of varieties to eat fresh and to freeze for later consumption, that should hopefully last me and those that I extend the gardening love too for a year from September 2021.


No comments:

Post a Comment