Friday 24 August 2018

Drying Tomato Seeds


Now that the fermentation is over for all but the Crimson Crush seeds, the plastic lids to KP Nuts and Bisto Gravy have been dug out as they are ideal for drying off the seeds on. They are currently on the top of the upright fridge freezer near the airbrick, and at the moment there is no need for the little dehumidifier to be used to speed up the process, I will just let nature take its course. 

I'm contributing to the Grow Your Own Grapevine Forum Tomato Seed Circle 2018 this year and checking this morning the numbers have increased from 16 to 18, so I need to make sure I have enough seeds for 8 -10 per pack, if not I shall have to harvest some more and do another batch. 

So far based on those that know what their contributions they will be making, it look like I will be getting:- 

Black Vernissage
German Red strawberry
Giallo d'inverno
Golden Sunrise
Hanstown
Livingstons Favourite
Nellies Black
Okeron Yellow
Peacevine
Salisaw Cafe
Stupice
True Black Brandy Wine
Yellow Pear

Most of these I don't already have in my Tomato Seed Bank, plus I'm also picking up

Alaskan Fancy
Egyptian 
First In Field
Lukullus
Peacevine Cherry
Red Alert
St. Pierre

From the Grapevine VSP Virtual Seed Parcel or Seed Swap using the excess seed I have as an exchange. The Tomato & Peppers List can be found Here. The Virtual Seed Swap is where you can swap seeds you don’t want for ones you do. It's open to everyone who has been a member for 3 months or more, who has made more than 50 posts in the last 3 months and who has a UK return address

No comments:

Post a Comment