Sunday 29 January 2017

Weather and Health Slows Down Play

Well the obligatory icy freezing and wet conditions and the coughs and man cold have prevented any real progress on either plot over the last two weeks. In addition the loft needed clearing as the builder is coming to make the alterations to the bathroom and wc and the ceilings are being removed and replaced so all the Christmas items that are normally over that area, are currently stored in the spare bedroom.

I have however managed to save a vast amount of shredded cardboard and paper for the compost bins, and these were delivered to the plot Sunday midday between rain showers. In addition to the paper and with the demise of the old car the mats were taken and used to top off the daleks. 

Maggie was on site and showed me the rhubarb I can relieve her off next time I'm down there and have time to dig it out.   

Whilst on the plot I did manage to get some soft bricks (milk bottles) filled up with the sand that had been standing in trays in the blow-away and had dried sufficiently to flow though the pop bottle funnel into the milk bottles, before having to return home for lunch.

I feel like my programme of works for the allotments is slipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment