Friday 4 November 2016

More Free Paving Slabs


Yesterday I went after a posting for 38 number 450 x 450 x 50mm thick paving slabs off Freecycle and I manger to get in before anyone else so they became mine for the collecting.

Having picked up 600 x 600 x 50mm in the past I knew they would be heavy, but I was surprised just how much easier to hump around they were. Needless to say transporting in the back of a car 6-7 was the maximum I could safely carry without lifting the front wheels off the road or knackering the rear suspension.

The first two loads were unloaded and placed along the back of the plot in front of the row of daleks, the next spread along the centre path filling in the gaps where I had removed some to hold down the weed membrane between beds.

The last three loads were collected and dropped off in the rain, so they just got neatly stacked on the hard standing where the greenhouse is going for later distribution.     

No comments:

Post a Comment