Thursday 17 November 2016

In the Cool Light of Day

On my way home from a site visit this morning, I popped into Spencer Road Allotment to look around in the daylight, and found that in addition to setting fire to the ploy tunnel on the plot used by a school for physically and mentally challenged children and teenagers, they had tried to lever my shed door and the timber framing to it has been prized apart at the top left corner. I have plans to reinforce the top of the door and put in an additional lock in the corner, I've already ordered one on ebay as half the price than the DIY shop and the key appears to match the lower lock already on the door.  




They had set fire to one of my bird scaring windmills then decided to burn the bamboo stake in half




They also melted a soft brick milk bottle full of sand that is used as a soft brick to hold the lid down on my square compost bin at the back of the site.




It looked at they then attempted to try and cremate my meerkat garden ornament that stands in the comfrey bed behind the Daleks as he was placed on the square Dalek lid.

I suspect that they had run out of gas in the burner they pinched from one of the other plot holder shed that he uses to melt holes in the weed membrane, as the meerkat appears uninjured.

We are hoping to piece together their route around the allotment so we can try and establish where they are getting in from, and where they are exiting.    



No comments:

Post a Comment