Tuesday 4 October 2016

Melting / Cutting Weed Membrane

With the work on the paved/ woodchip to be areas over the last few days I'm now out of weed membrane to go down the paths. So early evening whilst the sun was still in the sky and it was still warmish outside I set about melting /cutting weed membrane sheets off the roll.

First sheet 2.4m long and then cut the 2m width such that I ended up with 800 for the central path and 1.2m for a bed cover. Then it struck me, the 800 offcuts are too wide for the 600mm paths between the beds, but if I cut the 2m wide membrane in thirds I end up with 666mm wide which is 30mm upturn each side and three strips out of one sheet.

I managed to get a further two sheets or enough for six paths between beds cut, rolled  up and in the jute allotment bag ready for my next visit.

Next comes the labour intensive part, digging and weeding beds 5 & 6

No comments:

Post a Comment