Raining first thing but it stopped so I got to the allotment about 8am - started clearing the weeds and hit Bed 9 which had the over wintered Onions in and now has half a bed of parsnips. So I set about weeding the bed and removing the volunteer potatoes from the vacant half.
Once all clear I formed some furrows and lined them with compost and planted 4 rows of carrots then I planted the two rows of onions that have survived in the nursery trays all this time, and then one at the end of some of the rows hopefully to confuse the carrot root fly once/if the carrots grow.
Topped up the comfrey water butt and added comfrey to make a nice on tap comfrey tea. The aerator keeps the water fresh and the smell to a minimum, plus there is an absence of insects / gnats floating on the top of the water.
Some of the beetroots have started to bolt, so I have harvested them, I'm really short of beetroot this year and I only have four out of 30 in vending machine cups that have germinated so far of the next batch.
I fixed some of the cucumbers to the trellis and found Wally has a long curved mate, and then I found members of wally's boy band. Looking at the amount of flowers and growth, I may have to extend the height of the trellis, but it looks like I will be alright for cucumbers for the next couple of weeks at least.
The foxes had dug all the woodchips out from around the bottom of the compost bins and it was all over the carpet path, so swept it up and put it all back and topped it up for good measure.
Lots of ladybirds all over the French beans and not so many aphids, so I'm happy they came back.
All the tomatoes had a feed, then as I was about to move onto the next job at about 12 ish the rain came so, I made my way home. Because of the rain today I lost about 2 hours work never mind, it could have been raining all day.