Tuesday 19 March 2019

Onions In Modules


Onion sets in modules in my Norfolk SpaceSaver Greenhouse this morning when I went to open the door before the sun comes around and the temperature gets too high. Nice to see some growth starting to show, It does not take long for them to realise they are in moist rich compost.

This year one of the new composts I'm trying out is Marshalls GROWERS BLEND Vegetable Growers Compost as it will feed the onions for at least six weeks, which is about how long it will be before I get them in the ground. I'm very impressed with the quality of the compost, it's not full of dross like B&Q Verve and didn't need sieving before use as the structure and texture was so good straight out of the sack. I'm hoping for robust and healthy onions for transplanting after the last frost date. At the moment two 50L sacks Cost £13.98 delivered to your door which is useful if you don't have a car.  

It's good to see the greenhouse gradually start to fill up at this time of year, and I'm looking forward to getting my second greenhouse erected on my new plot to take the overflow from home and to start off my spuds in buckets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment