Tuesday 3 July 2018

Eureka re the Roof

After seeing the split roofing felt on Sunday I have been thinking about the work and effort that will be needed to cut back all that ivy which happens to look quite nice over the shed, to re felt the roof, and then whilst on a watering visit had a brain wave!



I've had a load of sheets of plastic roofing behind the shed waiting for me to use it for some time, so I got and have slid it between the ivy and the roof, just to see what it would look like. 

So I need some cup washers to fix it in place with some screws to resist wind uplift. I will need to trim the sheets for length as they overhand too much especially on the left into the storage area. 

I can overlap and silicon the apex to make it water tight

From the look of things I will have a few weeks to get this done as there is little rain forecast for the rest of the month. 


No comments:

Post a Comment