Monday 29 July 2024

Freecycle Decking Boards


Freecycle photograph 

I managed to win 60 number 2m long decking boards off Freecycle and went this morning to collect them. Tom and his son helped me get them into the car.


They were stacked nicely with the seatbelt around them until I went around the corner at the A217 and they slid sideways.

I managed to back the car through the gates and right up to the entrance of my plots and have stacked the boards on some paving block bearers to keep them off the ground until I can get around to cutting them up and making raised beds.

Wally turned up when I was about half way unloaded and gave me a hand, with the rest, and John gave me some runner beans as his didn't get wiped out by the slugs and snails and he has too many. I have some great plot neighbours and friends on the allotment site.

No comments:

Post a Comment