Tuesday 15 October 2019

Seed Storage


This was my seed storage arrangement a couple of years ago, one toolbox for unopened packs of seeds, another for open packs of seeds that now went into small zippy bags in credit card boxes and Brother labels in a tray, with a small box for taking what need to go to the allotment.

during 2018 - 2019 the storage system grew 


  
There are now three toolboxes of seeds but due to the expanding collection of tomato seeds there is a transition box from unopened packs to opened and in zippy bags 



Box 1 Unopened Packs 


Box 1 Unopened and Opened Packs 



Box 3 Opened and Saved Seeds 




Tomato Seed Bank Collection 



The forth toolbox contains all the brother seed labels that I have created based on my seed collection to date. These labels last and are cleaned and stored by type vegetable and in alphabetical order ready for the next growing season.

The loss of Wyevale has meant that I didn't top up at the 50p seed sale this year and I missed the Wilko seed sale, but looking at what I have in my seed boxes I'm OK for the next couple of years. 

How do you store your seeds?

No comments:

Post a Comment