Sunday 18 March 2018

Sowing Sprouts



Yes I'm behind on my sowing for brassicas, but as its a Snow Day I'm working out and sowing my sprouts for this year. Last year I grew 
  • Bedford Darkmar
  • Cromwell
  • Evesham Special
  • Mongomery
  • Rubine Purple Sprout             
I now have nine varieties of sprouts in my seed box 
  • Bedford
  • Bedford Darkmar
  • Brest F1
  • Brodie
  • Cromwell
  • Evesham Special
  • Mongomery
  • Nelson
  • Rubine Purple Sprout   
The  Rubine Purple Sprout  really have not been good the last couple of years, and I have decided to ditch the seeds on this one. I have a three number 3 x 4 Module trays in the Ikea Mini Greenhouse , so I will sow four seeds of the following 
  • Bedford
  • Brest F1
  • Brodie
  • Evesham Special
  • Nelson                                    
So that's five varieties and I will need two of each to fill the 10 holes in the sprout weed membrane. 

A second sowing will take place in 14 days - 21 days, by which time hopefully I will see how well the germination is or isn't. If I manage to get a bed ready for the end of April I may even have an additional bed of sprouts on plot 1

No comments:

Post a Comment