A slower than normal start to Sunday, I arrived at Mill Green around 9:30 to be greeted by the daffs and the bluebells in the Comfrey Patch, I'm so glad that I transplanted them there for a little early growth and colour on the plot.
It appeared that storm Doris had dislodged the sliding door to the greenhouse at the bottom but thankfully it was still on the runners at the top. Once fixed I set about the continuing mucking out of the greenhouse.
Three sacks of coffee grounds have been sitting in the corner of the greenhouse since last year and I never did manage to get around to dry the coffee. On opening the sacks I found that some areas had clumped together and bonded and other had dried naturally. I decanted the three sacks into six of the blue food containers with lids and placed under the extension to the shed to continue drying out, leaving the lids loose on the tops of the buckets.
There are far too many empty milk bottles stored in the greenhouse and quite a few got filled with sand from old soft bricks (milk bottles filled with sand) that had either become brittle with age and started to split or in the case of the smaller 500ml ones been used by the foxes as toys.
The objective is to clear the greenhouse ready for the SoilFixers Potato in bucket trials and have space for the plants that will be hopefully coming late March early April.
On the way home a visit was made to Spencer Road to drop off the blue water pipe that I picked up from the dump yesterday and will use to make some small portable hoop frames.
It appears that I have acquired a front panel of a compost bin deposited by storm Doris on my plot. A number of polytunnels got split and some sheds lost their roofing felt.