Reviewing the diary over the last five years for June
2013 - Potting up tomatoes & peppers, potatoes, cabbages, sprouts and sweet corn, dug beds 7 & 8
2014 - Watering system installed on Mill Green plot 1A, Potted up Tomatoes into buckets, installed bed 12, Marrows in manure covered in cardboard. Beetroots, Harvested the first bunch of Spring onions. Harvested first early potatoes from buckets. End of the month bed 13 completed, second bed of runner beans sown.
2015 - Not many posts in the blog for this month in this year, it was however my first Vlog from the plot. first year trying French beans the family didn't like them and it they have not been grown again since. Potted tomatoes from vending machine cups into pots that were taken to the grow house on the plot. First year growing Marketmore cucumbers. Sweetcorn planted on Fathers day, First year for successfully growing a whole bed of Parsnips. First year for peas. Cherries on the cherry trees. Sent two Crimson Crush tomato plants.
2016 - Very cold June. Grow House heaving with plants, Burpless Cucumber transplanted into pots, Tomatoes potted on from vending machine cups, Sprouts failed and I had to buy some. Third sowing of beetroots, First year for celery. Flooding at Wallington Railway Bridge
Second sowing of sweetcorn due to slow germination then the first sowing germinated after the first ! Drying Coffee Grounds
Mill Green - Runner beans planted out, sweetcorn planted out into beds mulched with cut comfrey, Sprouts planted out,
Spencer Road - Onions, Potatoes, Beetroots and infrastructure works.
Home - Tomatoes finally get transplanted into flower buckets.
2017 - Due to wife being very ill and in hospital a couple of times, everything was late and many things just didn't happen. Sweetcorn was sown about a month later than usual, so were Beetroots, and the first early spud in buckets experiment for SoilFixer was also a month late. Very large double size Dalek picked up off Freecycle for Mill Green
As one expects there are items that are common to the month, it's interesting looking back at the work on my first plot and comparing that with the second. Most certainly having a plot to deal with has meant that the progress on the second plot has not been so swift.
Below is the to do list in no particular order and catching up with what actually happened in May and what has slipped
To Do List
· As much infrastructure works as the weather will allow - Not enough over the three two months due to the weather.
· Weed & Level the Shed and Greenhouse Area - Started but need to be completed
· Remove the Trees from along the wall - TBD too late to burn now
· Lay weed membrane over the whole plot - Now nearly all covered
· Collect the last of the slabs from Spencer Road - TBD
· Lay the slabs for the shed and Greenhouse - TBD
· Erect the greenhouse - TBD
· Make Air Onion raised bed frame - Completed
· Move Comfrey Pipe from Spencer Road to Mill Green - TBD
· Rhubarb Bed to be created - TBD
· Stockpile timber and keep dry ready to burn next year - Ongoing
· Cut more path weed membrane - Ongoing
· Make a Spring Green planting membrane sheet - New
· Purchase vent opener for new greenhouse.- TBD
Asparagus - stop harvesting - No Harvest First Year
Spring Onions - sow fortnightly - Purplette
Gherkins - Transplant
Swede - thin seedlings in stages to 25cm apart
Turnip - begin to harvest
Week 3 on
Spring Onions - Long White Ishikura
Cabbage (summer) - begin to harvest