Wednesday 13 June 2018

Watering Visit



A swift watering visit and John ambled up with a couple of plants in his hands, two more cucumber plants that already have flowers on them

Would you like them?  Of course I would!  I'm always happy to take excess plants when people have them, I would rather find space than have them join a compost heap. 

As recorded here, I have not had a great deal of success with my own market more and Bupless growing efforts this year and have re sown a batch of both hoping for a later and perhaps extended harvest

The side panel from the ex - dog cage was quickly added to the side of the exiting climbing frame and the two plants given a new home on Plot 1A







Something has been having a go at the Cabbage in the corner by the path



I looked but I could not find the culprit, so another sprinkle of environmentally friendly slug pellets were applied 



The Runners are slowly making their way up the framework and there were a couple of beans that had lost their way so they were unwound and redirected up the bamboo they were supposed to be climbing. 




Many more apples on the trees this year.


The Handy Tiller and Petrol Generator that I bought a few years back and have been sitting in the shed doing nothing were put up on the local Facebook selling channels over the weekend and turned back into cash that will probably go towards a new shed on the plot, something I could actually use.


Meanwhile at home the bucket of Radish are getting larger every day in in around two weeks time I should be able to harvest this batch, only one strip on the plot is still showing so give it another week and I shall sow the next flower bucket of Radish especially as the price per bag has gone up in Tesco by about 50% in the last couple of weeks


2 comments:

  1. The internal walls of our stomach is lined by a layer of mucous. When the glands in our stomach secrete HCl (hydrochloric acid), the raw food is broken down. But the tough mucous layer prevents the HCl from excoriating the stomach walls.

    travel coffee mugs

    ReplyDelete