Sunday 24 June 2018

Cucumber Sunday



Three Burpless and one Marketmore Cucumber are of a size that's large enough to be planted out, so that's what I did this morning. 

The climbing frame is made out of two angles of shelving with a large dog cage panels fixed to it, the stem of the T is also from the large dog cage. Three Burpless planted along the top of the T and one Marketmore planted on the stem.

I have more Marketmore cucumbers growing in the Space Saver Greenhouse but it's going to be a while until they are ready for the Allotment



Meanwhile the long cucumber plants given to me by John are nearing the top of the framework 



I've found the ideal location for the short Comfrey Pipe and next visit I will screw it to the wall.



The two Braeburn Apples from the six I purchased from Jersey Plants as a lucky dip have not shown any indications of bursting into life and I suspect they are dead unlike the Plum tree behind them. I have contacted Jersey Plants to ask if they had reports of others having problems with their Braeburn Apple trees and they have asked me to send them a photograph which is why I thought I would take a photo of all of the new trees.  



The Golden Delicious Apple Tree is looking good and now has a feeding and watering Pop Watering Bottle & Plug. There are pin holes in the pop bottle that goes on the ground and in the cap, and the Plug is another pop bottle filled with sand which prevents evaporation and snails and slugs taking up home in the watering bottle. 





The Pear Tree (Doyenne du Comice) had some brown dots on the leafs and the end of it appears to be home for aphids and some ants were trying to harvest, so I washed off as many as I could



Top of the Pear Tree after washing off with hose.


Cherry Sylvia Tree with watering plug 


Two Walnut Trees from Gerry on Mind Your Peas & Cues Facebook Group


Today I had a new visitor to my plot, a very young Robin who Jen has named "Titch" because he is so small and still has some baby feathers

Last night I collected a sack of grass from my eldest daughter that has topped up Dalek 2 and brought Dalek 3 back up to 50% full. Added in layers with large bits of compost removed from the MPC at home and spent compost from the SoilFixer Onion Flower bucket experiment, shredded paper and coffee grounds.

Coffee grounds added around the tomatoes as well as the compost bins, and environmentally friendly slug pellets around the new cucumber and the other beds.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any issues with hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing many months of hard work due to no back up. Do you have any methods to prevent hackers?
    Rubbish Collection Lincolnshire

    ReplyDelete