Monday 25 June 2018

Fixing the Chair & Shed



I was awake nice and early today, slapped the washing on and then hung it out on the washing line. Slammed the second load in the washing machine and was down on the allotment for around 7:45. The cunning plan being to water everything whilst it's in the shade. 

I also managed to cut & drill then coat with teak oil two bed slats that I had saved from being thrown away so that I could fix the chair that I use that's in front of the shed. I will when I get time replace the other three timbers but for the moment at least I have somewhere to sit again.

The shed appears to have buckled, and it appears that the top shelf has bowed dropped and pushed the door out of line, so a strengthening job was started, but not completed because clients started to ring me way before 9:00.  

So job for a future visit is to finish strengthening up the shed, re installing the shelf which I have laid out in the sun with a load of weight on it to try and straighten it up again before re installing.   


No comments:

Post a Comment