Tuesday 6 September 2022

In My Seed Box For 2023 - Index

To find the information for a particular variety of vegetable being grown for 2023 use the index below. Hyperlinks will be added over the next three months as I catalogue the seeds I already have; and add to the list those I have either bought or new varieties that have been sent to me by seed suppliers to trial and blog about.  

I did manage to get the bulk of the plot 1 infrastructure in place in 2021, consisting of an additional eight 2.4m x 1.2m beds and two number 1.2m x 1.2m square foot gardening beds and an additional 1.8m x 1.2m greenhouse. Over Winter I will be completing the infrastructure works to the end of plot 1 consisting of an additional square foot gardening bed, a bed for the superdome (mini-polytunnel) and the corner greenhouse climbing frame. I'm planning for a much more productive 2023. 

Mr Fothergill's, have sent me 27 new varieties of vegetables and a few flowers to trial in 2023 and these have now been added to my catalogue of seeds that I'm still working through. 

Dobies have sent me 21 new varieties of seeds to trial, Suttons have sent me 12 new varieties and Organic Gardening Catalogue have sent me 7 new varieties of seeds to trial in 2023.

last year Suttons also provided me with a discount on my two seedless grapevine purchase, one which has grown really well in its first year, however the other got nobbled by a cat or fox and has some catching up to do in 2023 

Nothing from Thompson & Morgan or Marshalls in 2022. Marshalls no longer believe there is any measurable benefit to providing trial seeds to gardening press and in fact they didn't even attend the gardening press event in 2022.  I have emailed the Press office at T&M twice and had no replies to my emails, which is disappointing.

Last year D.T.Brown, sent me a number of their new varieties to add to my collection and for growing in 2022 and 2023. There are posts on this blog re all the seeds and products I have received to trial in past years, and I'm hoping that D.T.Brown will be as generous for 2023, but we will have to wait and see.

I have bought a number of seeds from Wilko and 14 packs from Seeds To Suit and these are in the process of being added to my lists. 

Vegetables & Fruits 


To read about my New Seed Storage Method 



No comments:

Post a Comment