Tuesday 15 May 2018

View From The Greenhouse Door


Venting the Cold Frame


Tomatoes in the Bottom of the Space Saver


The sweetcorn are starting to show 


Toms awaiting potting up when I can get hold of more 12.7cm pots


Toms awaiting potting up when I can get hold of more 12.7cm pots 


Finally a third Burpless Cucumber germinates 


I went shopping at Tesco and they had 5 number 12.7cm pots for a £1 so I took the opportunity to stack up on them and then later in the evening 


Potted on another fourteen tomato plant making template hole before insertion of root ball, minimum of root disturbance and transplanting shock.

I've been quite happy with the root structure of the plants, these ones are a little less vigorous that the first 12 as they are small container type varieties. I placed a scoop of sieved mpc with vermiculite in the bottom the placed a full vending machine cup in the pot and created a hole the same size as the plug and then insert, lightly firm and fill around the stem with sieved MPC & vermiculite then topped it off with some sieved MPC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment