Friday 9 June 2017

In My Seed Box - Cucumbers

Review Of Seed Stocks in Zippy Bags 

Achocha Fat Baby - three packs from seed circles
Akito F1 - two packs from lidl
Burpless Tasty Green - single pack from King Seeds
Chicargo Pickling - from seed circle
Cucamelon - Single pack from Premier Seeds
Marketmore - five packs one from GYO Magazine
Miniature White - pack from seed circle 


Review Of Seed Stocks in Packets Sow By 2016/ 2017 - None in packets

I have historically grown Marketmore & Burpless and they both did really well, however 2016 really was not as good as previous years for Marketmore, but the Burpless went Bonkers and I had too many. These two are my yearly standards

This year I have also sown Achocha Fat Baby, Akito F1, Burpless Tasty Green, Chicargo Pickling & Marketmore 

The pickling variety is for my sister who loves them, the Achocha Fat Baby, Akito and Minature White because I have the seeds and have never grown or eaten them before, so why not grow some and see what they are like.  

The Greenhouse did get erected in time to try out the Cucamelon this year, so perhaps next year?


1 comment:

  1. Fantastic site you have here but I was wanting to know if you knew of any forums that cover the same topics talked about in this article? I'd really love to be a part of group where I can get comments from other experienced people that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Cheers!
    insulated food containers

    ReplyDelete