Saturday 6 June 2020

envii Seafeed Xtra


The envii web site states that SEAFEED XTRA is an "Organic liquid seaweed fertiliser that contains additional iron and plant based amino acids to improve a plants root development and crop yield."

Envii use Ascophyllum Nodosum seaweed which is harvested in the UK between April & October when it is at its healthiest. They then add additional iron and plant based amino acids to provide plants with further nutrients.

Seaweed has been used for centuries by gardeners and is still recommend by celebrity gardeners. Using a liquid seaweed fertiliser allows easy and convenient access to the benefits of this natural plant aid, without having to scour the beaches collecting your own seaweed and processing it.

What makes SeaFeed Xtra special?
  • ·         Includes additional iron and plant based amino acids.
  • ·         Protects plants from harsh weather conditions.
  • ·         It is 100% organic.
  • ·         Provides plants with essential nutrients and minerals.
  • ·         Contains one of the highest concentrations of seaweed.
  • ·         Highly recommend in Grow Your Owns 2019 awards, as voted for by Charles Dowding.

The dosage rates in English can be found on the back of the bottle


The same information in other languages can be found by pulling back the rear label.

The product can be applied either via foliar spray or root drench, again following the guide on the bottle

Reapplication every 7-10 days is recommend for the best results

SeaFeed Xtra is suitable for everything, from vegetables to shrubs and hedges. The NPK of SeaFeed Xtra is 0.9-0.6-0 but it also includes extra iron and plant based amino acids sourced from sugar cane. None of the ingredients have been sourced from animals and the product has been recognised as being organic


Now what I really like about this product is that it has an in built dosage measuring chamber that can’t be lost and makes using the product clean quick and easy. As you can see there are different values marked on the front and the back of the bottle.

The camera doesn’t really do justice to the visibility of graduation scales, so I took a sharpie pen to them just to make them stand out better for the photos above.


As you squeeze the bottle the liquid rises up the tube on the side and floods into the chamber and you can use the appropriate side to measure the amount you need based on how you are going to apply it and what you are applying it on. 



I’ve now been using this product on my tomatoes pre flowers to help green them up a bit as some where a bit washed out this year, on my potatoes and my young Agapanthus and mint plants and I have to say the results have really been good. I would go as far as to say I don't think I have ever had so healthy looking foliage on my spuds in buckets.  

I will be using this product in the future and next year I'm going to try an experiment treating half a vegetable with Seafeed Xtra and the other half without and see what the difference in quality of final harvest produce is.  

Now that my tomatoes are showing flowers I'm now feeding them with the envii Maximato Tomato Feed. 

The Small Print. I have not been paid to review this product, I'm not on commission and I was simply provided with the product to trial and review.

No comments:

Post a Comment