Wednesday 7 June 2017

Onion Harvest & Hanging Rack


A two hour visit in which I found another covered area for the cardboard so that I could trim and hang the onions that I harvested yesterday and I pulled the rest of the onions from Bed 5 then covered it over to kill off the weeds as I didn't have time to dug them all out.

The photo above is mainly from Bed 5 with a few red onions from Bed 3, so if I can find a way of growing around the white rot or just grow an excess so that I end up with a reasonable amount it looks like I may need another shelf made up for the extension to the shed.  


Bed 3 was weeded and a few onions had lost their stalks, a few more were harvested to check for signs of white rot, but for the moment thing are looking good in bed 3, so I will leave them to fatten up a little.

The battery on the strimmer died more or less straight away, so I used the push lawn mower to clear the path behind me and my neighbour so I can get to the tap if I need too. The weeds coming up around the perimeter of the site on the boundary path with my neighbour were given a spray with weed killer, just before coming home.

1 comment:

  1. I'm also commenting to let you be aware of of the outstanding encounter my friend's girl developed viewing your web page. She realized lots of things, most notably what it is like to have a marvelous helping spirit to have the rest just understand a variety of tortuous matters. You really surpassed my expectations. Many thanks for producing the productive, healthy, edifying and in addition cool guidance on the topic to Evelyn. travel coffee mugs

    ReplyDelete