A two hour visit in which I found another covered area for the cardboard so that I could trim and hang the onions that I harvested yesterday and I pulled the rest of the onions from Bed 5 then covered it over to kill off the weeds as I didn't have time to dug them all out.
The photo above is mainly from Bed 5 with a few red onions from Bed 3, so if I can find a way of growing around the white rot or just grow an excess so that I end up with a reasonable amount it looks like I may need another shelf made up for the extension to the shed.
Bed 3 was weeded and a few onions had lost their stalks, a few more were harvested to check for signs of white rot, but for the moment thing are looking good in bed 3, so I will leave them to fatten up a little.
The battery on the strimmer died more or less straight away, so I used the push lawn mower to clear the path behind me and my neighbour so I can get to the tap if I need too. The weeds coming up around the perimeter of the site on the boundary path with my neighbour were given a spray with weed killer, just before coming home.