Tuesday 10 October 2017

In My Seed Box 2018 - Marrow

Marrow is something that I have grown in the past , and yes I have distributed widely to family, friend and neighbours. 2017 was not a good year on the allotments, luckily my plot neighbours kept me supplied in 2017.

With the possibility of taking over the overgrown neighbouring plot, strimming, covering with cardboard and compost and then planting Marrows is defiantly on the todo list for 2018.

Spencer Road can also be used for marrows to wonder around the top end of the plot, as I can basically plant them and leave them too it and I have lots of manure over there that is now a year old or more 

Review Of Seed Stocks in Zippy Bags

No seed found in zippy Bags

Review Of Seed Stocks in Packets

Long Green Trailing - 10 Seeds - £1.95 - Jungle Seeds
Long Green Striped - 22 Seeds - £1.99 - Thompson & Morgan - Sow by 12/2018
Long Green Bush 2 - 20 Seeds - £2.19 - Mr Fothergill's - Sow By 2019
Long Green Bush 2 - 20 Seeds - £2.19 - Mr Fothergill's - Sow By 2019

Long Green Bush 2 two packs bought in the Wyevale 50p seed sale

The Jungle Seeds were expensive when you see how many seeds you are getting for your money, but I bought them because at the time I wanted Rapunzel tomatoes and decided the get the order to a level where I was not paying for post and packaging.

Beware Jungle Seeds their packs don't have any information about when they were packaged or when they should be Sown By, there is no information about when to sow and when to harvest. Plus the Rapunzel grew but looked nothing like the tomato that I had been watching Ray Browning grows on his YouTube channel. I will not be buying from Jungle Seeds again.



Not to self - Look for more Marrow seeds with a sow by date of 2020 or better in the Wyevale 2018 50p seed sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment