Thursday 31 March 2016

A Thank You Recieved from PowerBee


Just before Easter Nath from PowerBee telephoned me to see how he could get his company on the panel on the left hand side of my blog. Having done some research he had managed to obtained my mobile number off my company blog/ web site. I was quite surprised when I received his call as I was expecting another Structural Engineering or Party Wall enquiry and not a gardening related call.

I explained to him that the panel on the left are basically my web resource favourites that I put there essentially for my own use, but hopefully any blog visitor/readers would also find them useful. Whilst we chatted he gave me his web site url and I was having a poke around his web site as we talked.

PowerBee sells solar powered and a few non solar powered products, and as it happens I'm a big fan of solar powered products, I already have a security light that comes on that is fixed to the canopy at the front of the house, another at the back door, and the garden is normally full of the things. There are solar lights around the decking, on the tops of the decorative trellis fence that is on top of the short retaining wall, and along the path up to the sheds at the back of the garden. There are many ornaments that have solar lights built into them.

Whilst discussing solar products and gardening / allotments, I told Nath that I bought a solar powered oxygenator that I use on Plot 1A in the comfrey water butt as it stops it from stinking and that eventually I will be buying another for 23B when I set up the butt there. It wasn't a use for an oxygenator that Nath had heard of before, and now thanks to Nath I don't have to buy one for Plot 23B.

The package was well wrapped in bubble wrap which is now being reused in the greenhouse. I notice that the products are all branded PowerBee and are well boxed, protected and look to be of a robust quality not like some of the products that I have historically bought from ebay either from China or from a UK based importer.

Talking to Nath there is no doubt he is passionate about the products he sells and assists in the specification and development of them and he takes into account that the products are going to be used in the UK which the makers of the twin PIR security light I fitted at the front of my property a couple of years ago obviously didn't, as it's really naff during the Winter months when you need it the most, and is only just beginning to function properly again now as we are at last getting some reasonable levels of sunlight. Again when it finally gives up the ghost I now have a replacement if I don't find another location for it in the meantime which is quite possible.

We did try some solar powered fairy lights for Christmas but again they were from China and there was not enough day light during December to make them work. If I ever decide to give Solar fairy or Christmas lights a go again I will certainly look at the PowerBee web site. 

As I get to unpack and play with the products kindly supplied, I will give a review of them on the blog.



Click Here to Visit the PowerBee Website

No comments:

Post a Comment