Sunday 21 April 2024

Sunday Morning Just Me

Sunday morning, my sister popped in and helped me with socks and medical boots over my dressings on my legs and feet first thing in the morning, and then I visited the allotment for the morning.

I cleared the scaffold tube drop bolt holes on the timber gates of vegetation so they were once again visible and removed the debris that had accumulated inside the scaffold tubes to the drop bolts have a void to actually drop into.

Trimmed the grass with my Ryobi strimmer from the main path to the Plot 1 entrance to Avalon (Plots 1 & 1A). Thus on a morning with a heavy dew or after rain my feet remain dry getting to my plot.


View from the plot 1 entrance along the main path looking down the allotment site. as can be seen Idverde need to come and cut the main path and actually use their trimmers. I've given them an idea how low they should go this end of the path, and in fact one can see that Kelly trimmed along the boundary beds a couple of weeks ago, but with all the rain and mild weather we had before this latest drop in temperature the grass and weeds have been growing very well.

Adi my plot neighbour at Plot 2 had once again strimmed the path and his plot but had not edged along plots 1 & 1A I managed to trim up to the entrance between plots 1 & 1A and then the line ran out and quite frankly so had my walking and stability.

A retreat to the potting shed where I can prop myself up in the tipping stool and I sorted out some Self Watering Pop Bottle Propagators with five varieties of Cucumbers sown Burpless Tasty Green & Lunch Box ,Suprina, Party Time & Esmarald Cucumbers. 


Lazy Housewife French climbing beans in root trainers.


Moved the paving slabs that had shifted during last year to neaten up the path in front and to the side of the potting shed. Andy my plot neighbour came to close the gate to the allotment to save me from dragging myself back out and into the car. There is a great sense of community on the allotment we are quite blessed with the neighbours we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment