Sunday 28 April 2024

Getting Away With Murder !

The weather has really not been supportive of trips to the allotment, and defiantly its been too cold at night for growing much in the Space saver Greenhouse in the back garden.

My late wife would not be happy or have let me get away with the arrangement I have set up in the back of the living room, but needs must until I can get down to the allotment to my potting shed and make modifications to my greenhouses so I can get into and out of them on a regular basis or replace them with one larger greenhouse with a level threshold.

My daughters bought me the table a couple of years ago for my birthday.

The crimson range of Tomatoes were transplanted into vending machine cup with Clover peat based compost.


The smaller Crimson Crush on the top row, which I will top up with compost as they grow and the smallest tomato bottom row which is a Crimson Plum.

This tray of Tomatoes will have to wait until I can get into my storage shed for the vending machine cups and have more room on the table to pot them on. Tomatoes include Arielle F1, Merrygold F1, Burlesque, Red Pear & Crokini F1


These are the first two trays of germinated parsnip seeds that were transplanted into loo roll cardboard tubes of Gro Sure Seed & Cutting compost. They would normally be in the ground before they got to this size, but the stars have not aligned to allow that to happen yet.


This is the third tray of germinated Parsnips that were transplanted.


This is the 4th tray of Parsnips that have been transplanted.


This is the 5th tray of parsnips. Each day I see how many new Parsnip I can find and transplant them into the next tray that has been made ready. So at the moment that's 107 Germinated Parsnips in loo rolls and ready to go into the 2.4m x 1.2m bed with planting membrane with 105 planting holes.


I have moved the un germinated early seeds into the first 3 of 4 take-a-way containers that I set up and have added another two take-a-way containers of seeds to try and increase the amount I have ready to hopefully go in the ground next week.


105 hole Planting Membrane that I use for Onion Sets, Beetroots, Parsnips and other root vegetables in my standard 2.4m x 1.2m beds.

No comments:

Post a Comment