Friday 12 April 2024

Clean Up & Coffee Grounds

This afternoon, it was nice and sunny and thanks to my sister popping in I managed to get to the allotment and hit the potting shed and the plot 1 shed and had a good tidy up.

Sorted out the compost into buckets in the potting shed. Starbucks free coffee grounds chopped up and placed in aluminium trays. My little sister picks it up for me when she gets her coffee in the mornings a couple of times a week.

Trays placed in the Plot 1A Greenhouse it was over 30C in there this afternoon when I opened the door. I love the smell of drying coffee grounds


Bindweed in the climbing frame greenhouse sprayed with weed killer, I don't normally like using it but at the moment I can't get down on the ground to just weed it.


Bindweed on the Cantilever Runner Beam sprayed, but I'm going to have to get down and weed around the young tree and the grape vine manually, or find someone who can weed it for me.

Dry Coffee grounds spread on Bed 5 as the snails and slugs hate coffee grounds and it also act as a fertiliser.

No comments:

Post a Comment